Last Updated: September 25, 2018
We know that your personal information is important to you and we are committed to ensuring it is kept secure and used carefully. Below, you will find a short summary of how and why we collect your data, who we share it with, and what we’re doing to make sure your data is safe and secure. You will also find information about your privacy rights.
If you want to navigate directly to a particular section of this policy please click on the relevant link below.
- What does Money Map Press do?
- What personal information does Money Map Press collect and why?
- Who does Money Map Press share my personal information with?
- Legal basis for processing personal information
- How does Money Map Press keep my personal information secure?
- International data transfers
- Data retention
- Your data protection rights
- How to contact us
Money Map Press is a privately owned publishing company based in Baltimore, Maryland, USA. We publish newsletters which provide insight and advice on investing. You can learn more about Money Map Press in the “About Us” section of our Website.
We collect information in order to allow us to provide the publications you have subscribed to, and to personalize and improve your experience of our services, Website, and communications with you. All such information is held on secure servers.
We only use personal data you have given us or that we have collected from you when you visit our Website and order forms. We sometimes share your personal information with third parties to provide your subscriptions to you or to personalize and improve your experience with us. We never sell your personal information to others for their mailing or marketing purposes.
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into two categories:
- Information that you provide
We may ask you to provide personal information in order to provide our services to you. This includes asking you to provide your contact details to deliver subscriptions to you or to register an account with us so you can access the subscriber-only areas of our Website. It also includes asking you to provide payment information so you can pay for subscriptions or use a one-click order process.
The personal information you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are being asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point you are asked to provide it.
- Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our Website and order forms, we may collect certain information automatically from your device.
The data we collect may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website or order form, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
We collect this information so we can better understand the visitors who come to our Website [and look at our order forms] and what content may be of interest to them. Using the information allows us to improve the quality and relevance of our Website and services.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar technology.
By registering on a Website or providing your telephone number to us through other methods (for instance, during an inquiry you make to our Customer Service telephone line), you agree that this action constitutes a purchase, inquiry and/or application for purposes of telemarketing laws. Regardless of the fact that your telephone and/or mobile number may be listed with the Federal Do-Not-Call Registry or your State Do-Not-Call list, you are providing your express written consent to receive future information (including telemarketing) about products and services from us, and you hereby agree and consent to our contacting you using the information you have provided and will provide to us. This means we may contact you by e-mail, phone and/or mobile number (including use of automated dialing equipment and/or pre-recorded calls), text (SMS) message, social networks or any other means of communication that your wireless or other telecommunications device may be capable of receiving (i.e., video, etc.). You further acknowledge that you are not required to agree directly or indirectly or enter into an agreement regarding our telemarketing efforts as a condition of purchasing any Services from us.
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to reputable third party service providers for certain processes. For example, we may use a service provider for data processing services (e.g. analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, assisting with the processing of credit card and direct debit payments, and to help improve your experience on our site). This provider may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. In addition, they must process the personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws. We may also use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect and use information about your visits to this Website and other websites and your interaction with our Services in order to provide advertisements about Services that may be of interest to you. However, we do not provide personally identifiable information (such as your name, address, email address or telephone number) in connection with third-party advertisements that will be connected with such information. Such third-party advertising companies may use information about your visits to this Website and other websites to target advertisements for our Services and they may keep track of user response to each advertisement. These targeted advertisements may appear on our Websites or on other websites that you visit. The anonymous information is collected through the use of pixel tags or cookies, which are industry standard technologies used by most major websites. To learn more about the use of this information or to choose to not have this information used by certain third-party advertising partners, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/ or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Choice Tool at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. Please note that if you delete your cookies, use a different browser or buy a new computer, you will need to renew your opt-out choice.
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, or similar other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, or (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights; and
- to any other person with your consent.
Policy against advertising our websites using unsolicited email messages: We require that all e-mails promoting Money Map Press websites or its products are sent only to clients who have agreed to receive such messages. We prohibit any advertising of our brands and websites using unsolicited email messages. Not complying with this policy will cause partnership termination and/or affiliate account termination. If you feel you’ve received unsolicited emails promoting our brands or websites and would like to register a complaint, please email our abuse department (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will immediately investigate all allegations made related to unsolicited messages.
Legal basis for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the information concerned and the context in which we collect it.
We will normally collect personal information from you where:
- we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (for example, your email address when you subscribe to a free or paid service);
- the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights;
- we have your consent to do so (for example, to receive marketing emails from us about another publisher’s publications or services which we think might be of interest to you); or
- We need the personal information to comply with our legal obligations (for example, our tax and audit requirements and other regulatory obligations)
We fund our free daily editorial emails by advertising our services and those of other group companies (occasionally we may carry advertising for a third party service). There may be ads in each editorial email, and you may receive separate promotional emails. By subscribing to the free emails, you are consenting to receive these promotions (we cannot send a free email alone without the promotional emails). There is an unsubscribe link in each of these emails and you can unsubscribe at any time. For your convenience, you can manage your email subscriptions at any time by clicking here.
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests, this will normally be to operate and improve our services, Website, and communications. It would also include responding to your questions, undertaking marketing, or detecting or preventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and, if appropriate, we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. Where we share data with third parties, we ensure that your data will be kept secure and will not be provided or sold to another party.
Submitting Data: Visitors to Money Map Press sites are asked to submit a log-on name and password to visit Subscriber Only sections of the sites. This is to ensure you can receive the services you are paying for. Users may also be asked to provide an email to access certain member-only areas of our websites. Any e-mail you send to Money Map Press is completely confidential.
Ordering Online: Any data you submit to us through an online order form is transferred to us via a Secure Sockets Layer – an encryption protocol – and is kept in databases that cannot be accessed from outside our firewall. Any data you send us is encrypted, so in the unlikely event a hacker intercepts your data, it cannot be easily read. Our firewall is a mechanism that prevents access to our servers by anyone outside of the company. Money Map Press does not sell or rent your name to anyone. We may use your name and address to send you information on other Money Map Press products that may suit your interests. And, although we disagree with it, we must turn over any pertinent information to any law enforcement agency that takes the proper steps to require it. If at any time you wish to be removed from our mailing list, please click here to contact our customer service department.
E-mail: If you subscribe to an editorial email from Money Map Press, your name and e-mail address will be placed in a database. We do not give Money Map Press email addresses to third parties, affiliates, partners, parent companies, or subsidiaries for marketing purposes. Any e-mail you send to Money Map Press is completely confidential. We will not add your name to our e-mail list without your permission. For security reasons, if your inquiry is about one of your subscriptions, we may ask you to submit some additional information only to verify your identity. Remember, in this case we are only asking you to confirm information you have already given us. By subscribing to any Money Map Press email newsletter you will also receive occasional offers about products and services available to you from Money Map Press and our affiliates. You can unsubscribe from Money Map Press emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of any Money Map Press email or by phone at the numbers below. For your convenience, you can manage your email subscriptions at any time by clicking here.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
You have the following data protection rights:
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to opt-out from receiving text alerts that you previously opted in to receive. You can unsubscribe from delivery of our text alerts by following the instructions in any such text message.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Cookies are small files placed on your hard drive by an Internet server when you visit a website. Some cookies can be used to identify your computer each time you visit a site. Although most Web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, if you prefer, a user may decline the placement of a cookie on his or her hard drive by using the appropriate feature(s) of one’s Web browser software (if available) to delete the cookie. Users should understand, however, that certain areas within Money Map Press website properties may not function properly if the Web browser will not accept cookies.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact our Customer Service team.
Money Map Press, LLC
1125 N Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21201 USA